Monday, January 31, 2011 | 8:40 AM
Recently, we’ve given you a glimpse of some of the growth that AdMob has seen over the last few months. Here are some highlights, and a few new metrics:
- The AdMob network now receives more than 2 billion ad requests per day. This represents an increase of more than 4x in the last twelve months.
- Nine countries in the AdMob network generated more than one billion monthly ad requests in December 2010, up from one country just a year ago.
- The 10 countries in Western Europe with the most ad requests all experienced a greater than 400% growth in ad requests in 2010.
- More than half of AdMob's top 50 brand advertising campaigns in December 2010 used the AdMob Interstitial Ad Unit (NEW)
- Ad Impressions for AdMob grew more than 500% in the past year from the AdMob Interstitial Ad Unit (NEW)
- There are now over 50,000 publishers in the AdMob network that support their mobile businesses with mobile advertising (NEW)
- Hundreds of mobile publishers, including Angry Birds, are earning over $100,000 per month from AdMob ads.
The results speak for themselves. Volvo’s cross-platform campaign saw CTRs of 3.91%, and after the campaign, users expressed a 240% increase in brand favorability, 88% increase in purchase intent, and a 78% increase in recommendation intent. More importantly, this campaign changed the way the car-maker has approached mobile marketing, in general. According to Linda Gangeri, Manager, National Advertising, Volvo,
"The interactive video ads encouraged deep consumer engagement and higher response rates compared to other media running during this same time. With the proliferation of smartphone devices, this is an area that we'll continue to invest in and expect to see continued growth."
Jason Spero, Director, Mobile